Production/Technical Manager: To start ASAP. Hammanskraal, Pretoria. R 45 K pm.
Toolmaker, Fitter & Turner or Millwright background will also be considered but needs to have experience in high performance environment. Responsible for the Manufacturing of products made into finished goods.
Strategy and Development
· Implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
· Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
· Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
· Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
· Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
· Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
· Produce written reports and make presentations
· Undertake continuous training and development
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
· Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
· Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
· Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of staff and visitors
· Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
· Motivate and coach the team to operational success
· Monitor the completion of tasks. Consistently promote high standards through personal example .
· Input and hold responsibility for manufacturing budgets
· Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals.
· Work as part of the Management.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Skills and Attributes:
· Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision-making
· Commercial and Financial acumen
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, Industrial engineering will be advantageous
· Extensive plant level experience with significant proven supervisory experience in Automotive supply base and a credible proven track record of achievements
· Good Technical understanding
· Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Pre-production approval process (PPAP) Kaizen, lean manufacturing
· Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain
· Understanding of IATF 16949, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (International Standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems)
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Presentation skills
Pls send detailed cv in Word format, provide the actual time frames worked at the companies, stipulate salary at current and previous company worked at, reasons for leaving, notice period at current company and also a facial pic to put on your cv as per Client’s request.