International company seeks to employ and experienced Project Engineer at their offices based in Richards Bay. To start ASAP.
Projects could exist in the repairable or service categories of the business. Feasibility, planning, negotiation, execution, hand-over and testing takes place at, but not limited to, Richards Bay (Hillside), Johannesburg and Mozambique (Mozal).
This position includes: regular travel to Mozambique, and work on sites where drug and alcohol use is prohibited.
The Project Engineer reports to the Projects Manager, and works with other departments of the company to achieve his/her accountabilities, i.e. Sales, Purchasing, Finance, Warehouse and Production.
Secondary requirements includes: assistance with marketing of products and services, using engineering skills and experience for assisting with engineering solutions, and contribution to the Engineering and Technical sales teams. Reporting, quotations, feasibility and administrative functions are included in responsibilities. There is also a requirement to supervise the execution of Projects when a site supervisor is not available.
· Qualification in project management.
· Diploma/Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering fields.
· ECSA registration and affiliation with professional project management bodies
(for eg. PMI, PMSA, SACPCMP) is advantageous.
· 3 Years’ experience in project management.
· 5 Years’ practical experience in the field of engineering advantageous.
· 3 Years Site execution supervision experience will be advantageous.
· Proven working experience in project management and organisational skills.
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Projects.
· Marketing skills for identifying possible new projects and business opportunities.
· Technical knowledge equipment used in aluminium industry.
· Basic financial comprehension pertaining to budgets, estimations, cost control and reporting.
· Good understanding of principles of health, safety, environmental and quality in the workplace.
Previous Safety training will be advantageous such as: HIRA, OHS Act, Samtrac, etc.
Pls send detailed cv in Word format, provide the actual time frames worked at the companies, stipulate salary at current and previous company worked at, reasons for leaving, notice period at current company and also a facial pic to put on your cv as per Client’s request.