Emporium Human Capital
URGENT! URGENT! JOB ALERT!
Our Client based in Roodepoort is URGENTLY looking for a Commissioning Engineer with both electrical and mechanical background who is willing to travel extensively.
Offering up to R50 000
* Electrical and Mechanical Background (Robotics a plus)
* Experience with PLC’s & Electronic Sensors
* Must know Spiral Systems
* Accustomed to travelling – Local & International
* Available to start 1 December 2021
• Dry mechanical inspections of all “in-house” completed machinery. With or without the electrical or pneumatic components. You will be required to complete the in-house commission list and file away for future reference in the project folder.
• Live commissioning of “all” in-house equipment on the shop floor where practically possible. The aim is to ensure the equipment meets the design specification of the client and that of the company. You will be required to complete the in-house commission list and file for future reference in the project folder.
* Based on the project schedule, you will need to attend site at various phases for various durations to meet the project deadlines. It is not your responsibility to complete the equipment build but rather advise the project or electrical manager of any outstanding items.
* During the mechanical / electrical build of the project, you are expect to visit the site frequently to inspect the quality of the installation. This will require you to work alongside the appointed installation contractors/manager by doing various spot checks. Any issues or points are to be raised immediately with the appointed project manager in writing so that they can be addressed as soon as possible by the project manager. This may also include electrical or pneumatic tasks
* Dry inspection of “all” mechanical equipment on site to ensure it is assembled and positioned to design or machine specification prior to the equipment being powered up for the first time. Checklists are required for this purpose.
* Ensuring that all the electrical/pneumatic equipment is setup correctly prior to applying power/air for the first time. For example this may include VSDs, overloads, breakers, oven burners, regulators, values, timers, and positioners that are configurable (not only related to these items).
* Once the equipment is powered up, you are required to complete all “live” mechanical and electrical checks using the approved commissioning lists for the said equipment. All lists are to be returned to the project files and signed by both the project manager and the commissioning engineer.
* During “live” software trials, you are required to work with the appointed system design engineer to ensure all software is 100% functional to the design specification (FDS). For example, start-up and shutdown sequences as well as safety testing and normal cycle runs. All faults are to be tested and reset.
* During plant or equipment start-up, you are required to attend site during this period (based on the project schedule) to ensure all equipment is setup to meet client expectations.
* You will be expected to assist with equipment training both mechanically and electrically. This may require you to work consecutive weekends or public holidays.
*** THIS POSITION REQUIRES EXTENSIVE TRAVELLING. If you are unable to do so, please do not apply.***
Please email your CV and Relevant Qualifications to be considered for the position.
Your Recruitment Specialist