This job description serves to define all tasks to be completed as well as duties to be performed by the individual that has been appointed to the following position.
Technical Facilities Manager
Operations Manager Key Accounts
To provide managerial and supervisory direction with regard to service delivery in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. To ensure outputs are maintained as per SLA.
Key Accountabilities/ Principal Responsibilities
Manage technical maintenance field work
·Ensure staff are fully conversant with publications governing standards in order to ensure compliance with requirements. Monitor Sub-contractors on-site in order to ensure that they obey Safety Regulations and that their equipment and procedures confirm to the clients Standards.
·Ensure effective disciplinary and grievance management in order to maintain a positive working environment and enhance performance.
·Prepare logs and defects and receive logs from other departments in order to ensure that all relevant items are corrected timeously.
·Liaise and organise field work, co-operating closely with the client and other service providers in order to ensure a smooth and cost effective execution of work.
· Co-operate with the client and other service provider in providing in providing all necessary information for detailed field planning of technical (NB air conditioning and electrical) maintenance in order to ensure optimum implementation.
· Account for materials used paying particular attention to surplus materials which are correctly allocated in order to ensure compliance with budget requirements.
·Initiate the necessary completion certificates on termination of maintenance, ensuring that at each stage correct signatures are obtained.
· Reports all accidents and incidents within section promptly and ensure that formal written reports on all accidents are made timeously to ensure accurate reporting of incidents.
· Conduct toolbox talks with staff and assist in talks with other the client’s staff and other service providers and monitor and advise contractor staff on toolbox talks in order to ensure optimum safety with compliance with safety requirements.
· Conduct safety visits, mini safety audits on a regular basis and assist with all Risk Assessment Plans in the department in order to ensure compliance with safety Regulations
·Develop and maintain a successful business partnership with the client
· Manage all aspects of partner interactions with the client.
· Ensure outputs of SLA.
· Identify value added opportunities and make proposals or presentations to the client
· Develop, implement and maintain best practice for client services.
· Check, manage and monitor compliance of the SLA.
· Develop an effective, customer based, proactive relationship at all levels with the client.
Ensure direct subordinates for ensuring adherence to Standards:
· For advice, guidance and technical support to subordinates.
· For development of subordinates.
· For HSE maintenance.
· For administration of staff and appropriate record keeping.
· For ensuring relevant procedures and work instructions are up to date, thereby maintaining a system of internal control.
· To comply with the relevant requirements.
· To seek out opportunities to improve the process – continuous improvement.
· For ensuring compliance to company policies and statutory requirements.
· For HSE maintenance.
Key Skills and Experience
· Grade 12
· Appropriate Tertiary education: BTech or ND in one of the Technical disciplines
HVAC Qualifications, Gas/Refrigeration Licence
Facilities Management Qualification
· Min 3-5 year experience in facilities environment, Property or Project Management or equivalent knowledge or skill
· HSE level 1 & 2
·Enhanced knowledge of:
o Production plants & process
o Electrical Maintenance procedures
o Equipment & machinery
o Codes & Health and Safety
o Best Practices
o ISO 9000
o ISO 14000
o Technical drawing
· HSEQ: Understanding and knowledge of statutory and the client standards.
·Quality: Understanding of quality as an organisation wide activity and the philosophy of continuous improvement
People and Management Skills
· Strong leadership skills and a confident decision maker
· Good organising and planning skills
· Pro-active and initiative
· Problem solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Client service focussed
· Excellent people management skills
· Good communication skills in both verbal and written format
· Good negotiating skills
Key result areas
· Understand role of reporting to the business and client
· Understand role of managing staff to closely ensure output is aligned with business requirements
· Understand interworking with various teams to ensure client financial compliances
· Understanding that feedback and communication is critical to success
Additional Responsibilities and Skills
The employee acknowledges that all duties performed will reflect on the client and will thus act in a professional manner at all times, the company is a service provider, all necessary steps need to be taken to ensure that the service has been delivered according to client requirements, and to prescribed service levels.